The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

How to Build the LEGO Holiday Main Street 10308 Building Set

Maya Nordeen
Lego Set Image: LEGO Design by: Maya Nordeen

Lego Holiday Main Street is a set that brings Christmas to life. It can make for a fun festive decor piece that will show your Christmas cheer. This set costs $100, which is a reasonable price. It contains 1489 pieces with six minifigures that help brighten up the display.

This set has 11 bags in total with seven numbered bags to build. It has four separate sets of instructions so you could build with friends or enjoy building it by yourself. The buildings inside the bags are two town buildings, a street lamps snow area with a Christmas tree and a trolley for an exciting ride around the street.

Bag 1

Bag 1 comes with three out of the six Minifigs. A small boy with a wooly hat and two women with shopping bags. One part of the building is the snowy banks area with a mailbox and the Christmas tree. I really enjoyed constructing the snow area because I enjoyed its added details to make the snow stand out and its fun, unique pieces such as 4 clocks for the stand and its small mailbox built for the boy in the wooly hat to put his letter for Santa. The Christmas tree has four different presents below it which was a nice touch. The tree contains four identical sides with ornaments and the top has a star that was a good touch to finish off the tree. In this part of the build it contained one sticker. Stickers are not my favorite thing to do in LEGO and it can be frustrating to try and put them on at times. This sticker was nice though: it was the street name on the lamp post.

Abraham Tebeau 

Bags 2 & 3

Bags 2 and 3 are for the trolley. It comes with 1 conductor minifigure which was one of my favorites in this set. It was exciting to see the trolly start taking shape. The design was amazing with small Christmas decorations that add a pleasant addition to the build. The stickers added a nice pop of color and placing down the windows was a fun process. The trolley has working wheels and its ceiling was made to easily be taken off, which is a fun play feature that helped bring the set to life. There are seats inside the trolley to let your minifigures sit down which can be cool for displays. Separate from the set is a train battery and train tracks to help power up your trolley and make it stroll around a track using an app.

Abraham Tebeau

Bags 4 & 5

Bags 4 and 5 contain the music shop with a cool shop owner minifigure. This set contains lots of different musical instruments including a guitar, a violin and a small drum set. The thing I enjoyed most about this build is the cool colors, unique pieces and the design of the outside. The roof was cool because it moved and the snow on top was a good detail that helped bring Christmas to life. I also liked the cash register because of its simplicity and cool design. This building was not just a box, it showed not only what a cool music store looked like but helped you imagine the joy of being in a cool shop like this during Christmas time. The back half was exposed showing the inside of the shop and a really cool upstairs living area with chairs and a microwave.

Abraham Tebeau

Bags 6 & 7

The final build which is bags 6 and 7 is the Toy shop. It has the toy shopkeeper and lots of fun trinkets to play with and custom toys. The trinkets consisted of built ones or just pieces which were a cool mix. Similar to the music shop the back was hollow revealing a nice Christmas tree display. The outside of this build was pretty with decorations and a small bird piece. There was also snow on the roof which was nice. The instructions are easy to follow and should not be complicated.

Abraham Tebeau

This Lego set was very fun to build. A great addition to any Lego fan’s collection and an even better Christmas gift. It would be a festive display piece to add Christmas spirit to your home.