The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

Viking Edge student leaders lead freshmen with presentations

For the first time, student leaders in Viking Edge have been delegated the task to create a presentation about staying organized.

“I feel pretty good about it. I love seeing how the freshmen get together, especially this year. It’s really powerful to see that our whole community is very strong. And it’s just doing better than ever,” senior Annelise Agee said. 

Viking Edge is changing things up a little bit this year. They are letting the student leaders decide what they think is most important to present about each month to the freshmen. This month, the focus is being organized. 

“I think it’s very important that everyone is organized and knows how to stay on task with school,” Agee said.

Viking Edge gives a voice to a lot of different students in this school, working to create a healthy environment for new freshmen. 

“I think that our leaders are doing a good job. We have a really great group of kids. We have over 90 leaders this year. So it’s been, you know, really nice having a voice from lots of different students in the school,” Viking Edge sponsor Jamie Mercer said.

Agee reflected on what she wished her student leader would have taught her during her freshman year. 

“I just wish I knew to try everything and to really just stay neutral about everything. I think I’m coming in. I was very sure of myself. And that completely changed with high school. And that’s a good thing.  But I do wish like, at the beginning I had just gone out there and tried everything and didn’t have any opinions going in so that I could make opinions later on,” Agee said.