Final chances for second semester changes

As the beginning of the second semester makes its way into the 2021-2022 school year, students are swarming the counselor’s office to fix their classes before Jan. 28 to avoid the possibility of being stuck in second or third choice classes. The counselors not only have this ten-day period to fix last-minute class changes for this semester but also set up schedules for the 2022-2023 school year. Because of this, Howell has resorted to only allowing students to visit their counselors for personal emergencies. However, if you’d still like to make any schedule changes, there is a much more efficient way to solidify your schedule within the 10 day period than bombarding your guidance counselor with last-minute questions, and here’s how.

First, let your current teacher know that there is a possibility you might drop the class. This gives time to make necessary accommodations to seating charts or Canvas pages before any serious changes. Then, reach out to your counselor via email and fill out the counselor request form. This provides a reason and allows your counselor to properly prepare for a meeting. The deadline is Friday, Jan. 28. After this, there will not be any changes to students’ schedules.