The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

Spirit Week Brief

It’s time to break out your togas and onesies, because Homecoming Spirit Week is back. Student Council came up with brand new ideas to excite the school during Sept 28- Oct 2 for the upcoming festivities.

“Spirit week this year is better than last years,” senior Abby Walsh said. “Although, I think we could do better compared to the other schools.”

Just roll out of bed and head to school or throw on a onesie with “A Bad Case of the Mondays” to start off the week.

“I think I’m going to just climb out of bed and come to school,” junior Emily Fitzpatrick said. “Wearing what I slept in sounds pretty comfy.”

Tuesday follows “Salad Dressing Wars,” with seniors tying up their togas and medieval gear for caesar, the juniors will be rocking flowery hawaiian button-ups representing a thousand island dressing, sophomores will mosey about in cowboy hats for ranch, and the freshman participate for the first time as bleu cheese with all blue gear.

The Homecoming Festival falls on “All We do is Win’sday”, which calls for jerseys, sport shirts, and powderpuff uniforms, while “Throwback Thursday” provokes tie-dye and funky colors.

“Blue and Gold Friday” will finish off Spirit Week the day of the Homecoming Game against Howell Central, and the dance follows the next night.

The council is encouraging school spirit announcing that participants should tweet out pictures in spirit wear everyday with the hashtag #VikingSpirit2015 to be put into a drawing for a fifty dollar gift card, and even the most spirited vikings will receive candy during lunch periods.

“These incentives will motivate more people because who doesn’t love free stuff?” senior Easton Van Matre said.

writer: Kristina Pratt