Eyebrows Over Everything

FullSizeRender (1)

Your eyes are considered to be the windows to your soul, your eyelashes would have to be the glass and that makes your eyebrows what? The shutters: the pretty decoration to add emphasis on the window or eye? Yes most of us would say we use our eyebrows as art to draw attention to our eyes, but is that all they’re used for? What is their real purpose?

For some reason eyebrows have all of a sudden become the topic of conversation, I couldn’t tell you exactly why but i’m going to give my best logical  explanation of why the once ignored and understated facial feature is the “what to” when it comes to hair grooming and styling.
 A study by MIT’s Javid Sadr, a behavioral scientist, shows that eyebrows are a crucial piece of facial identification. You would have never thought that by the thin strip of hair above your eye, someone could determine the recognition of another person, yet Dr. Sadr’s study proves 46.3% of people can not identify the face of a celebrity that’s photo has been altered to exclude the celebrities eyebrows. It’s not that people groom their eyebrows so that the world can identify them specifically, but this suggests that maybe the way we do groom our eyebrows helps others identify us. Another reason eyebrows are so important is that, along with lips, eyebrows are one of the most expressive parts of your body: the single raised eyebrow is a universal sign of skepticism and the dual raised eyebrow is a sign of surprise. Eyebrows are the key instrument of communication without words. Once upon a time, the brow was believed to only be used for physical protection- to protect the eyes from perspiration, debris, and dirt, where as now they’re considered more for the silent communication aspect and to reveal things such as age, while also advertising good hygiene and grooming.
With the helpful knowledge and study of eyebrows that Dr. Javid has provided, I’ve come to the conclusion that explains why we make a big deal out of the brow. It’s simple: beauty Dr. Javid states that practitioners in the field of facial aesthetics, such as make up artists and cosmetic surgeons have long appreciated the influence of eyebrows on attractiveness, also that the perceived importance of the eyebrows for enhancing beauty has not waned over time. Currently it is relatively common cosmetic practice to use tweezers or depilatories to narrow and accentuate the arch of the eyebrow, as well as to remove any hair at the bridge of the nose. After all, nobody wants a uni-brow in this day in age (not exactly considered beautiful).
I’m not an expert, but from what I’ve learned when it comes to grooming your eyebrows, be careful and thoughtful, they clearly say a lot about you. You don’t want to be known or identified as the person with the bad brows. Boys: keep them thick but tight and clean, don’t be afraid to add a slight masculine arch.  Girls: be smart, yes go thin, but not too thin to the point you have to draw them on or fill them too much.
Eyebrows deserve their new found fame: enhancing our beauty, protecting our eyes, making us socially identifiable, and letting us speak our minds with less than words, ode to the eyebrows. They contribute a lot, definitely enough to raise a brow or two about.
xThe Kingx