“Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift

Dance while no one’s watching to the song “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift. This seven time Grammy winner and youngest recipient in history to receive “Album of the year” has released her new album 1989, Oct. 27.

Swift has done it again and gotten attention through a new catchy song that will be stuck in heads for weeks. Its hypnotising beat is easy to dance to and song lyrics, “just shake it off, shake it off” is sending the message that no matter what people tell you, you have the right to be yourself and no one can tell you otherwise.

Swift promotes the power of being yourself and not letting anyone get you down. This helped her become one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. She uses social media to show her personal interests.

“Players gonna play, play, play, play, play-And the Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate” are other lyrics in “Shake it Off”. This is sending the message that no matter what no one is going to change who they are. Swift recognizes that everyone is different and has the right to express themselves in any way they want, that people are not going to change who they are, they are just going to keep on doing what they are doing.

Shake it Off  has been in the top 10 on iTunes for weeks. The rest of her album 1989 has hit the charts as well. Still young in her career, Swift continues to capture attention and will dance like no one’s watching.

Review by: Autumn Schrameyer

Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 10.59.56 AM