Matt Nathanson Review

Matt Nathanson Review
The Photo Run

As I walked into The Pageant I was already feeling good vibes with the close-knit and personal feel that concert goers get at one of St. Louis’ best venues, The Pageant.

Prior to the concert beginning, I saw the backdrop that accompanied Matt Nathanson on his tour, a large screen with a silhouette of the Golden Gate Bridge stretching the entire length, a beautiful palm tree flanking the right hand side, and a portion of a contemporary looking bow and arrow jutting up from the bottom of the screen.

The Golden Gate Bridge seems like the perfect choice to compliment Nathanson’s songs since many are based off his personal experiences in San Francisco.

After Joshua Radin, the opening act, finished his performance, I felt an extra feeling of excitement knowing that Matt Nathanson was about to go on!

Before I knew it Nathanson took the stage and began the show with one of my personal favorites, Mission Bells.

Mission Bells is one of his more upbeat and energizing songs; it was a perfect choice to start the concert with since it pulled the audience together and united them with one similarity, we all were ready to hear Matt Nathanson sing.

Throughout the evening and between songs, Nathanson shared personal stories and anecdotes regarding anything from his daughter’s latest laugh-out-loud moment to stories about how songs came to be.

By Nathanson sharing stories, he left the audience feeling that he cared and gave off the vibe of a genuine performer who cared about his fans.

Ending the evening with his hit song everyone has heard on the radio “Come on get higher”, Nathanson left his audience singing and swaying to the sounds of the song.