The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

Oct. 27

Oct. 27
~2015 Parent Club
October Meeting This Week
Tonight, October 27 at 6:30 p.m.
FHHS Parent Room A 105
Check out our new website @

~The winter “Meet The Coaches” night will be held in the gym this evening.  All winter athletes and at least one parent should plan to attend.  The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 pm.  In the event the World Series goes to 7 games, the start time of the meeting will be moved to 5:30.

~Drama News – Parents, Mark your calendars now and please plan on attending:

Drama Parent Club Meeting – this evening@ 6:00 pm in A129

We will be discussing the upcoming FHHS Limelight Theater Production “Distracted”, Tech Week needs, & other events for the 2011-2012 year.  The Production is on November 10, 11 & 12 @ 7:00 pm & will be here before we know it…  Please plan on attending this meeting whether you have someone on cast or a crew so we can help make this year a successIf you have any questions please contact, Diane Guessfeld, Drama Parent Club President @ [email protected]

~Come out & have some laughs by attending the FHHS Limelight Theatre Production “Distracted” on November 10, 11 & 12 @ 7:00 pm – Mark your calendars now and plan to attend!
In this comedy, What’s wrong with nine-year-old Jesse?  He can’t sit still, he curses, he raps, and you can’t get him into—or out of—pajamas.  His teacher thinks it’s Attention Deficit Disorder.  Dad says, “He’s just a boy!”  And Mama’s on a quest for answers.  Is Jesse dysfunctional, or just different?  Don’t we all have ADD, to some degree?  She consults a psychologist, a homeopath, a neuropsychologist, and an environmental physician.  She talks to neighbors, whose kids have their own diagnoses.  A psychiatrist prescribes Ritalin for Jesse, but surely a pill can’t solve all of his problems.  Throughout, Jesse is an offstage voice, becoming louder and angrier, but he is in danger of fading away.  And his parents’ marriage is in peril.  Everyone is distracted, even the actors—they’re breaking character!  A funny, provocative, and poignant look at a modern family and an epidemic dilemma:  Are we so tuned into our 24/7 info-rich world that we’ve tuned out what really matters?

~Come out and support the FHHS Viking Choir fundraiserWhere – CHICK-FIL-A @ Mid Rivers Mall Dr When Tuesday, November 1 @ 5:00 – 8:00 pmHow – It’s easy, when ordering make sure to say you are there to support the FHHS Viking Choir

Hungry for something delicious?
Still need sandwiches for the football game?

You know you want to put your feet up and relax after shopping on Black Friday.Order up a Super Smokers Smoked Pork Shoulders and get ready to enjoy savory, pulled pork sandwiches. The 2015 Parent Club will be taking orders at the Holiday Boutique this Saturday.Or download our Pork Order Form and mail your order in today.Delivery is just in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday

Break. Pre-order your slow-smoked pork shoulder and be ready for tasty eating over the holiday break. Questions contact:  [email protected]

~Attention wrestlers- all athletes and parents– There is a mandatory meeting this evening at 6pm in the commons area, all paperwork will be given out and collected at that time.

~Who Will Be The Lucky Winner 20 Golden Tickets have been placed inside specially marked packages of Butter Braid Brand Pastries! Enter for a chance to win Prizes! Each pastry is a hand-braided treat filled with your choice of several delicious flavors: Cherry, Apple, Cinnamon, Strawberry Crème Cheese, Cream Cheese, or Caramel Rolls. Cooke Dough includes chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, white chocolate macadamia nut, and new M&M Candies. Butter Braids are perfect for an easy yet delicious dessert…just in time for the holidays! Please place you order before November 7 by contacting the[email protected] 

~Sunday, October 30th from 3-5pm join Francis Howell DECA for this Family Oriented Halloween-themed event in honor of Trevor Joerling who is currently fighting Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. All Proceeds will go to the Joerling Family! See the attached flyer and registration form or visit the FHHS website under the DECA link. Hope to see everyone there for this amazing cause!

~The Francis Howell High School Band Boosters would like to invite you to our 2nd Annual Arts & Craft Fair.  Last year we hosted over 100 crafters and 20 home party vendors.  There is something for everyone!  This year we are going to surpass our numbers from last year, and we have a “Special” guest who will be joining us as well!  Santa Claus has booked our show for the day during his busiest season, and he is bringing along some of his helpers so that you can have your picture taken with him, cookies and some crafts for the kids! Mark your calendars now, you won’t want to miss this day!
WHEN: Saturday, December 3, 2011
WHERE:  Francis Howell Middle School
825 O’Fallon Road
Weldon Spring, MO.
TIME:  9AM-4PM
All proceeds benefit the Francis Howell High School Band.
If you are a crafter and would like to join us that day, please contact Donna Reckis at 636-498-0487.

~Raising Health Kids FREE Parent Event – Save the Date
The Francis Howell School District is holding Raising Healthy Kids, a free evening event for parents designed to share information on the challenges of raising healthy and responsible children and adolescents. The event will be held on Thursday, November 10, 2011 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Saeger Middle School located at 5201 Highway N in Cottleville. Click here to read more.

~A Princess and Prince Night to Remember The St. Peters Chick-fil-A restaurant located at 6180 Mid Rivers Mall Drive invites children from the community to attend a special night on November 8th from 5-8pm.  Boys and girls are welcome to dress up like princes and princesses. The guests of honor will be the newly crowned Miss Missouri and Miss Teen Missouri who will also sign autographs. The restaurant will be decorated with a prince and princess theme and will have special tents with various activities outside in the parking lot. Mary Kay cosmetics beauty consultant will provide makeup for princesses.  Nail and face painting will also be available. The St. Charles Community Council will collect new or gently used Prom dresses for the Cinderella Project for needy students. Come have fun with the kids and help raise money for the Cinderella Project which helps needy high school girls receive a free Prom dress

~HELPING HANDS FOR THE HOLIDAYS Any and all needy families are invited to attend the Helping Hands for the Holidays on Thursday, December 15th from 4-7pm. No identification or proof of need is required. All who attend will receive the following free assistance: Free Holiday Dinner Buffet, Food and Personal Care Packet Distribution, Health Care Screenings and Services, Winter Clothing, Entertainment from the St. Charles Street Carolers, Free photos with Santa for all children, Games and Activities for children, Transportation from various points in Saint Charles County. The event will be held at the St. Charles Convention Center.  If you have any questions, please contact Joe Capitanelli at [email protected] or 636-669-3009

MSHSAA Eligibility Checklist Night

In order to minimize last minute issues, the activities/athletics department is implementing a new process to collect paperworkearlier than we have in the past.

We have targeted this evening at 6:00 pm in the large gymnasium to collect the following required documents from students participating in boys and girls basketball, girls swim, and wrestling:

·         Physical

·         Passed 6 classes (3 credits) spring, 2011 or freshman

·         Enrolled in 6 classes (3 credits) fall, 2011

·         Transfer documentation

·         FHSD 3 in 1 parent permission form

·         Athletic trainer emergency contact form

·         Drug testing

·         Activities Handbook Acknowledgement

·         Fines

Basketball and Wrestling are required to complete ImPact Concussion testing prior to starting practice.  Ruth and the coaching staff will be coordinating that process between now and the 27th.  The ImPact testing requires a parent consent form and completion of the on-line test.

~SENIORS – If you missed Howell Time on Wednesday, October 26, and did not receive your Jostens packet to order your graduation cap and gown, please come to the Main office and see Anita to pick up a packet.

~SENIORS!  This is your last chance to order your Senior Class Shirt!  Orders are due by November 3rd.  Please see Mrs. Greer or contact her by e-mail if you have any questions. [email protected].

~DECA Spirit Week   Teaming up for Trevor

This spirit week is school wide, not just for DECA members.

Monday: October 31st – Scare the life out of lymphoma. Wear your Halloween costumes.

Tuesday: November 1st – Hats off to Hodgkin’s. Wear your favorite hat.

Wednesday: November 2nd – Purple pride! Wear as much purple as you can!

Thursday: November 3rd Comfort for cancer! Wear pajamas and sleep attire!

Please remember that all school dress code policies will be enforced. Example: no spaghetti straps or midriffs showing.

~The Varsity Golden Girls are collecting items  through tomorrow to benefit homeless students in the Francis Howell School District. Each student who donates an item will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gas card. Cash donations may be donated before the home football game tomorrow evening.  Thank you in advance for helping.

~Come out and support the FHHS Viking Choir fundraiser Where – CHICK-FIL-A @ Mid Rivers Mall Dr When – Tuesday, November 1 @ 5:00 – 8:00 pmHow – It’s easy, when ordering make sure to say you are there to support the FHHS Viking Choir

~Come out & have some laughs by attending the FHHSLimelight Theatre Production “Distracted” on November 10, 11 & 12 @ 7:00 pm – Mark your calendars now and plan to attend! In this comedy, What’s wrong with nine-year-old Jesse?  He can’t sit still, he curses, he raps, and you can’t get him into—or out of—pajamas.  His teacher thinks it’s Attention Deficit Disorder.  Dad says, “He’s just a boy!”  And Mama’s on a quest for answers.  Is Jesse dysfunctional, or just different?  Don’t we all have ADD, to some degree?  She consults a psychologist, a homeopath, a neuropsychologist, and an environmental physician.  She talks to neighbors, whose kids have their own diagnoses.  A psychiatrist prescribes Ritalin for Jesse, but surely a pill can’t solve all of his problems.  Throughout, Jesse is an offstage voice, becoming louder and angrier, but he is in danger of fading away.  And his parents’ marriage is in peril.  Everyone is distracted, even the actors—they’re breaking character!  A funny, provocative, and poignant look at a modern family and an epidemic dilemma:  Are we so tuned into our 24/7 info-rich world that we’ve tuned out what really matters?

~All of Us Club activity tomorrow before the football game-meet at the entrance gate to the stadium at 6:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. If you have questions see Mrs. Vinarsky in B101 or Mrs. Fingers in the Library.

~Attention all Speech Team members!  Sign up sheets are now posted for all October and November competitions.  Come to the Drama Room A129 (in the old building) to sign up.  Not a member of the Speech Team?  It’s never too late to join.  Just drop by A129 and talk to Mr. Mueller.