Working Out More Than A Hobby

Working Out More Than A Hobby

Senior Caleb Krone loads 225 pounds on the barbell, and sits down on the bench. He puts his ear phones in, turns the music up, and then leans back to bench press eight to 10 reps. His arms shake and he gives all he’s got to push out the last rep. He then racks the bar and sits up to take a drink and a minute rest before he starts his next set.

Krone has been training since freshman year to gain strength and size. He trains everyday at Renaud Spirit Center or Gold’s Gym.

“It’s a lifestyle. An important part of my everyday life,” Krone said. “I just want to achieve a healthy lifestyle and be fit to help me with everyday things including athletics.”

Senior Austin Black also likes to work out. He can be found at Renaud Spirit Center everyday after school. His favorite muscle group to workout is his chest.

“I turn on my favorite pump up song “White Knuckles” and just rage,” Black said. “My favorite exercise is cable crossovers and I love to workout my chest.”

Senior Drake Hummel works out at Gold’s gym seven days a week. He works out to clear his head and gain size. His favorite exercise is preacher curls.

“Working out lets me get out my anger and stress from school and life at home,” Hummel said. “It keeps me in a straight line and out of trouble.”

These seniors not only workout six to seven days a week but they are on the see food diet which means any food they see they eat. As long as it has good nutritional value and not fast food, they consume it to meet their daily protein and caloric intake.

“I avoid fast food and try to eat as much as I can of healthier foods,” Hummel said.

“I eat as healthy as I can and make sure when I do eat out I pick healthier choices,” Krone said.

These seniors all share a common goal, which is to gain size, strength, and a healthy lifestyle.

“I just want to gain muscle mass and get bigger than most so I have a head start over other college kids.” Black said.

Written by: Kyle Sample