The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

Oct. 31

Oct. 31

Last week to order your Butter Braids Brand Pastries to support our Graduating Class of 2012 ~ Who Will Be the Lucky Winner?  20 Golden Tickets have been placed inside specially marked packages of Butter Braid Brand Pastries! Enter for a chance to win Prizes! Each pastry is a hand-braided treat filled with your choice of several delicious flavors: Cherry, Apple, Cinnamon, Strawberry Crème Cheese, Cream Cheese, or Caramel Rolls. Cooke Dough includes chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, white chocolate macadamia nut, and new M&M Candies. Butter Braids are perfect for an easy yet delicious dessert…just in time for the holidays! All proceeds will benefit our Graduating class of 2012.  This will be our last fundraiser for 2012.  Help us make it a success!  Please place you order before November 7 by contacting the [email protected] .

ATTENTION ALL SENIORS – Jostens will be on campus tomorrow and Wednesday,during all lunches to pick up your cap and gown order.  If you do not have a Jostens packet please come to the Main office and see Anita to pick up one.

Parent of Seniors:The Class of 2012 Parent Club Meeting is this Thursday November 3 @7:00 Room A105

Parents: The FH Library is having a contest for students to help determine an appropriate quotation for the bare walls of our beautiful new space! All students are invited to submit their favorite quotation that encourages, promotes or emphasizes reading, education or school! Students may enter as many quotes as they wish!  The winner will be custom reproduced by “Upper Case Living” and installed on our library wall permanently!  To cover the cost of our first quotation we will host a fundraiser with Kim Josar of “Upper Case Living”. If you would like to participate please contact Kim @www.kimjosar.uppercaseliving.net and then click on “associate with Francis Howell Library” or you may contact her @314.504.8830.  The above website has a catalog and page where you may design your own custom pieces!  All proceeds will pay for our winning quote! If you have any questions please contact Kim Josar or the FH Library @ 851-4732.

Come out & have some laughs by attending the FHHS Limelight Theatre Production “Distracted” on November 10, 11 & 12 @ 7:00 pm – Mark your calendars now and plan to attend! 
In this comedy, A funny, provocative, and poignant look at a modern family and an epidemic dilemma:  Are we so tuned into our 24/7 info-rich world that we’ve tuned out what really matters?

Come out and support the FHHS Viking Choir fundraiser Where – CHICK-FIL-A @ Mid Rivers Mall Dr When tomorrow @ 5:00 – 8:00 pmHow – It’s easy, when ordering make sure to say you are there to support the FHHS Viking Choir

Hungry for something delicious?

Still need sandwiches for the football game?

You know you want to put your feet up and relax after shopping on Black Friday.Order up a Super Smokers Smoked Pork Shoulders and get ready to enjoy savory, pulled pork sandwiches. The 2015 Parent Club will be taking orders at the Holiday Boutique this Saturday.Or download our Pork Order Form and mail your order in today.Delivery is just in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday

Break. Pre-order your slow-smoked pork shoulder and be ready for tasty eating over the holiday break. Questions contact:  [email protected]

The Francis Howell High School Band Boosters would like to invite you to our 2nd Annual Arts & Craft Fair.  Last year we hosted over 100 crafters and 20 home party vendors.  There is something for everyone!  This year we are going to surpass our numbers from last year, and we have a “Special” guest who will be joining us as well!  Santa Claus has booked our show for the day during his busiest season, and he is bringing along some of his helpers so that you can have your picture taken with him, cookies and some crafts for the kids! Mark your calendars now, you won’t want to miss this day! 
WHEN: Saturday, December 3, 2011
WHERE:  Francis Howell Middle School
               825 O’Fallon Road
               Weldon Spring, MO.
TIME:  9AM-4PM
All proceeds benefit the Francis Howell High School Band.
If you are a crafter and would like to join us that day, please contact Donna Reckis at 636-498-0487.

~Raising Health Kids FREE Parent Event – Save the Date
The Francis Howell School District is holding Raising Healthy Kids, a free evening event for parents designed to share information on the challenges of raising healthy and responsible children and adolescents. The event will be held on Thursday, November 10, 2011 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Saeger Middle School located at 5201 Highway N in Cottleville. Click here to read more.

A Princess and Prince Night to Remember The St. Peters Chick-fil-A restaurant located at 6180 Mid Rivers Mall Drive invites children from the community to attend a special night on November 8th from 5-8pm.  Boys and girls are welcome to dress up like princes and princesses. The guests of honor will be the newly crowned Miss Missouri and Miss Teen Missouri who will also sign autographs. The restaurant will be decorated with a prince and princess theme and will have special tents with various activities outside in the parking lot. Mary Kay cosmetics beauty consultant will provide makeup for princesses.  Nail and face painting will also be available. The St. Charles Community Council will collect new or gently used Prom dresses for the Cinderella Project for needy students. Come have fun with the kids and help raise money for the Cinderella Project which helps needy high school girls receive a free Prom dress

HELPING HANDS FOR THE HOLIDAYS Any and all needy families are invited to attend the Helping Hands for the Holidays on Thursday, December 15th from 4-7pm. No identification or proof of need is required. All who attend will receive the following free assistance: Free Holiday Dinner Buffet, Food and Personal Care Packet Distribution, Health Care Screenings and Services, Winter Clothing, Entertainment from the St. Charles Street Carolers, Free photos with Santa for all children, Games and Activities for children, Transportation from various points in Saint Charles County. The event will be held at the St. Charles Convention Center.  If you have any questions, please contact Joe Capitanelli at [email protected] or 636-669-3009

Does getting breakfast for a week at school sound good?  How about helping those in need?  Have your first hour classes participate in the Student Council’s annual canned food drive benefiting the Oasis Food Pantry.  Competition will be between 1st hour classes and will be school wide.  It will take place November 7th – November 11th.  First place winner will receive breakfast for a week including Bread Company on the final day!  Second place will receive a Bread Company Friday breakfast.  So get your first hours involved and help those in need!

ATTENTION ALL SENIORS – Jostens will be on tomorrow and Wednesday, November 2, during all lunches to pick up your cap and gown order.  If you do not have a Jostens packet please come to the Main office and see Anita to pick up one.

Congratulations to the Viking Marching Band for their fantastic finish to a great season. The band finished third in Prelims with a first place percussion trophy and then went on to place fifth overall in the finals, scoring a band record 90.2. This has been an amazing year, and the staff can’t wait to get started on the next one. Way to go

DECA Spirit Week   Teaming up for Trevor

This spirit week is school wide, not just for DECA members.

Tomorrow: November 1st – Hats off to Hodgkin’s. Wear your favorite hat.

Wednesday: November 2nd – Purple pride! Wear as much purple as you can!

Thursday: November 3rd Comfort for cancer! Wear pajamas and sleep attire!

Please remember that all school dress code policies will be enforced. Example: no spaghetti straps or midriffs showing.

Come out and support the FHHS Viking Choir fundraiser Where – CHICK-FIL-A @ Mid Rivers Mall Dr When –Tomorrow @ 5:00 – 8:00 pmHow – It’s easy, when ordering make sure to say you are there to support the FHHS Viking Choir

Congratulations to the Speech Team for their success at the Parkway South Crackerjack Novice Tournament this past weekend.  The team was led by Cidney Woodson who finished 3rd in Humorous Interpretation and the duo of Allison Huskins Andrew Mrazik who finished 2nd in Duet Improvisation.

~Speech Team Members:  Please check with Mr. Mueller on Monday or Tuesday about the speech competitions this Tuesday, November 1, and Saturday, November 5.  Tuesday’s competition is for Dramatic Interp, Humorous Interp, Duo Interp, Prose, Poetry, Storytelling, and Congress.   On Tuesday we will leave after school to go to Marquette High School, and we will return at approximately 7:00 p.m.

Mark your calendars and make your arrangements to attend Distracted, Francis Howell Limelight Theatre’s Fall Play.  Performances are Thursday, November 10; Friday, November 11; and Saturday, November 12.  Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the play begins at 7:00.  Tickets are $5.00 in advance or at the door.