Runner, Runner single lacks originality

Catchy lyrics. A variety of tempos. A tune you can sing along with. Runner Runner’s new single
“So Obvious” has all the elements of a hit; but from an intellectual view point: the song lacks originality. The lyrics address the same topic current songs do, and the lead vocals don’t stand out among other artists who are topping the charts right now, but let’s be honest here, I’m a sixteen year old girl. Although this song isn’t anything different from everything else on my iPod, I still love it.  This single successfully markets to and draws in my age group. “So Obvious” is exactly the kind of song I would blare through my car and jam to while I’m with my friends on a Friday night. It makes me want to get up and dance, and belt out the words with all my might (even if I don’t know all the words yet). The lyrics wouldn’t make a bad Facebook status, either. With it’s changing tempos, “So Obvious” keeps me listening without getting bored, or feeling as though I’ve heard the same thing over and over again; Runner Runner even has me humming along as I write this review, which is never a bad thing. Overall,  this single isn’t very original, but it’s got spunk. I know I’ll be checking out iTunes, to see what Runner Runner comes up with next.

Rating- 3 1/2 out of 5 stars