“Baby Don’t Lie” by Gwen Stefani

Gwen Stefani is back with her new single Baby Don’t Lie. It’s her first solo effort since her platinum-plus sophomore album Sweet Escape which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard Top  200 in 2006. She sold over 30 million albums worldwide for No Doubt and as a multi-platinum solo artist. Stefani achieved worldwide success as a performer, songwriter, and recording artist. This is the first song off Stefani’s new album to be released in 2015.

The video is a psychedelic play on the Wizard of Oz. It starts black and white and then a tornado of words hits and Stefani sings, all while walking down the yellow brick road. She meets up with several characters that could be the lion, the tin man, and the scarecrow.

The catchy song debuted Oct. 20 and is currently 23 on the iTunes charts. It has the familiar Stefani sound, but with a bit of a twist. It has a very pop sound. There are also hip-hop influences where Stefani raps, “You can tell me what you’re hidin’ boy/And you can tell me if I’m gettin’ warm.”

Not many details of the album have been released. She is doing some songs with Pharrell Williams, Charlie XCX, and Calvin Harris, but the album isn’t complete yet. She released a snippet of another one of her songs Spark the Fire on LA radio Oct 21.

Review by: Gabriela Gable

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.23.31 AM