Transition Day

Viking Edge leaders direct the incoming Freshman to success

Viking Edge Mentor, Julia Broida leads freshman with warm-up activities at Transition Day, Aug. 4th. Students did multiple exercises to loosen up, and get ready for the day.

Jamesia Henderson

Transition Day was Aug. 4, before the first day of school. Transition day is a mock school day for incoming freshman students so they can go through a school day before school starts for all other grades.

Being able to go through transition day allows new freshman students to experience a school day and get ready for high school. Students go through their schedule, meet their teachers, and learn how to  navigate their way around the school.

Transition helps ease incoming freshman into high school. Freshman Jordan Papin recommends for all incoming freshman to attend transition day.

“If you don’t go to transition day, on the first day of school you will be lost and not know where anything is. I got lost trying to find my class, but someone helped me, so I knew where to go for the first day, Papin said.

For some students, transition day allows for problems with schedules to be fixed. Freshman Isabella Greer didn’t have choir on her schedule as planned, but during transition day Greer had her schedule corrected.

Transition day is vital for new freshman students to learn their way around the school, and help get rid of the nervous jitters from starting high school.