The Students News Site of Francis Howell High School

Deweys Pizza Review

Dewey’s Pizza is a pizza chain that was established in the Cincinnati area and now operates a total of 21 stores, six of which, are located in the St.Louis area. The restaurant is open seven days a week, however, on Sundays it does not open until four p.m. The atmosphere is always pleasant, the staff is friendly, and the pizza is delicious.

The perfect starter is the Strawberry Macadamia Nut Salad, which (unfortunately)  is only available during the spring season. The salad is composed of field greens and topped with strawberries, maytag blue cheese, and macadamia nuts. All of this is tossed in a tasty raspberry vinaigrette. Large enough to be shared between two people, the salad provides a refreshing start to the meal.

As for the main course, with mouthwatering crust and unique toppings, the pizzas are a must. One of my favorite pizzas is Southwest BBQ Chicken. It is served with olive oil, smoked cheddar and mozzarella, black bean corn salsa, amish chicken, roasted red peppers, and BBQ sauce. Another appetizing pizza is Bronx Bomber which is similar to an everything pizza. The Bronx Bomber comes with red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and black olives. It’s a more classic choice, but it always hits the spot.

As for the staff, they have always been accommodating and friendly. They help answer questions about the menu and offer their personal opinions when asked about the food.

Overall, the food is amazing, and I recommend this place wholeheartedly. Do yourself a favor and try a slice…or two.

writer: Lilly Socha