Fall Sports Preview

As summer came to an end the fall sports began.  All the sports are starting off strong as they all are sitting on winning records. Currently varsity football  has yet to have a point scored on them and girl’s varsity volleyball came out with a spectacular performance against Oakville. However these are not the only sports succeeding as of now.

Varsity boy’s soccer has a record of 2-3 and they will be taking their talent out to Troy to battle against the Trojans. Senior Joel Jenkins currently leads the team in goals scored, but as soccer is a team sport everyone is contributing.

Now over to Cross Country the girls cross country The FHHS Girls’ XC team won the Fleet Feet Kickoff Classic for the 5th year in a row. This year Maddi Leigh was second, Danielle Berry was 7th and Kelly Schroeder was 10th; all earned a nice plaque.  Boys Cross Country is also doing well as senior walker wetter finished second among the varsity boys. Also not to far behind was Kyle Kirn who finished 10th.  Both teams run the First Capitol Meet Friday at McNair Park in St. Charles.

Girl’s varsity volleyball started the season undefeated with a win against Oakville and Timberland. Both games resulted in only two matches as Howell won the first 2 out of the 3. Varsity girl’s volleyball’s hosts Central, Thursday, September 3rd.

Varsity Softball started off with a 10-0 win against Pattonville, but now they currently hold a record of 2-3. Varsity softball’s next game is a home game against Francis Howell north at 4:15. Girl’s golf has a 3-0 record and they are hitting the ball better than they have in awhile. In their most recent match they faced Francis Howell north. It ended up being a close match, but Howell was able to pull away with the win. The final score was 183-202.

Boy swimming has a 1-1 record and they are preparing for the upcoming swim meet against Francis Howell central. The meet will be held at the Rec Plex and starts at 8:30. Girl’s tennis is coming off a tough loss to Francis Howell north. They lost 2-7, but they are looking to bounce back in their upcoming doubles tournament with the rival Francis Howell central.

writer: Ryan Galbierz